January 14, 2011

MRI Event

MRI's are creepy.. the radiologists strap you to a board and shove you in a dark tube. It's very loud--lots of clicking and clacking so you have to wear ear plugs... thank goodness for the fans blowing wind, which at leasts help with reducing that claustrophobic feeling.

I had the strangest dreams while inside the x-ray machine. At one point I saw a bright light passing by my closed eyes. It was as if the doctor was doing an eye exam.  The dream was so realistic and the luminosity so bright it startled me awake, but when I actually opened my eyes the mysterious light was nowhere to be found.
I continued to lay as still as possible, but the worst part of the MRI was simply entering the hospital itself. All of the sights, sounds and smells came flooding back from a traumatic time in my family's life.....not so long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment