January 13, 2011

Pilates...

From the moment I put my feet on the floor to get out bed, I knew without a doubt that this day was going to be a good one. This morning I was full of hope for positive events to occur and grateful for so many aspects of my life--especially my job.  Yet, as the day progressed, negative experiences and complicated issues slowly infiltrated my little peaceful world. By the end of the day I was dealing with issues I have been trying to avoid for years. It is quite an unsettling feeling when things are so uncertain.... Again, just when I think I have a handle on it all, life throws me a curve. 

However, today was also the first time I tried the Pilates class at my new gym. I loved the slow, breath-oriented movements and the way I could stretch my body into a multitude of positions. This experience made me pay close attention to my entire being, even realizing its certain limitations.  Yet, for the most part, Pilates made me feel grateful for being so strong and at peace with who I am.

And the best thing about being strong is that it makes me realize I can handle life's curves... maybe not with a constant flow of grace and tact, but I know deep down I will find ways to take care of myself in the light of difficult situations.  What's more, is that now I can add Pilates to my bag of survival tools....

No comments:

Post a Comment