January 10, 2011

One Year In The Making

I woke up really early this morning.. 5:45 a.m. to be exact! That's because my family was taking our first trip of the season to Lake Tahoe for our snowboarding escapades. So, after I finally made it out of the house and the coffee kicked in, I faced that fact that I was indeed in one of my least favorite places---the driver's seat.  However, there is a commonsensical reason for this and it's because my husband and I have a routine whenever we take road trips.  I usually drive "there" (wherever that is..) and my husband usually chauffers us back home. 

So, after a couple of hours behind the wheel, as I was struggling to keep myself awake, (did I mention that I don't usually get up so damn early), I was thinking about my goals for 2011 and mentally taking notes.  That's when it occurred to me that I actually live an average American life....I mean, it's not the worst thing in the world, but there is really nothing glamorous or exciting about it either. Yet, with all the major events that took place in my life last year (more on those later) I am now making some life affirming changes.  Furthermore, since we are only ten days into 2011, I decided it's the perfect time to start this blog and document one year of my "average" life in the making...

No comments:

Post a Comment