January 25, 2011

Naked Ladies

I love everything about the gym--the variety of classes, the weight machines, the pool, the sauna, the hot tub, and the friendliness of my fellow workout mates.  Yet, for all the positives of belonging to a health club, there is one thing I still cannot get comfortable with--butt naked ladies.

Don't get me wrong, I love the human body. I think the feminine shape is beautiful, but the kind of females I would probably prefer to see in the buff are sizzling-hot stripper types.  Now, it's not that I expect everyone to be so perfectly made, but I have yet to get comfortable with a bunch of women who are at least ten years my senior walking around bare-assed and letting it all hang out. 

I know it's odd to state that I have been perfectly content at clothing optional hot springs, where members of both sexes lounge around in various stages of undress.  Yet, I still want to run screaming from the locker room of my very own gym.  But I think the difference between the two is that the hot springs are refreshing  and it is more of a silent, introspective experience where simply being without clothes adds an element of freedom and an enhanced connection with nature.

Whereas, at the gym, women stroll around, loudly gabbing to each other while competing with the sound of blow dryers. And for some reason, even in the midst of chaos, all I can see are asses jiggling and sagging boobies swinging past belly-buttons.  Everyone seems to be oblivious to the nudity except me.

Personally, I prefer staying covered up in a towel because I am trying to show them how it's done.  I have absolutely no desire to see these ladies, nor do I want them peering at me. Yet, now I wonder if when I'm old and gray, I will finally be comfortable enough in my own naked skin to put my leg up on the locker room bench, while I dry my wet hair and engage in a conversation with the other unclothed ladies about how the latest aerobics class just kicked my bare butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment